Below are a few notes of information about our upcoming Summer Pennant Season (yes Round 1 is only just over 2 months away):
- Opening Day for the Pennant Season 2016/17 will be on Saturday 27 August 2016 at the Swinburne Avenue Greens and we are asking members to arrive by 12.15pm to allow our club champions to put down the first bowls at 12.30pm. A social game of bowls will then be played and a BBQ to follow at the end of the social game to celebrate the opening of the season.
Please put your name on the list at either Swinburne Ave, Glen Street email the Secretary email@example.com
- Our Coach – Neville Wood-Bradley would like to meet with all bowlers who are playing pennant this season on Thursday 1 September 2016 at 6.00pm at the Swinburne Avenue cub rooms to talk about his expectations and goals for this season
- Neville has also advised that he will be having pennant practice matches on both Saturday and Sunday in September commencing at 1.00pm from Saturday 3 September. The matches will go for 18 ends or 2.5 hours whichever comes first plus there will no breaks. He is encouraging members to come to one or both Saturday/Sunday practice matches in the month of September. Lists will be placed up at both Swinburne Ave and Glen Street club rooms for members to nominate their availability to play in the pennant practice matches shortly
- It is expected that those members participating in Midweek Pennant will also have pennant practice matches. Lists will also be placed up at both Swinburne Ave and Glen Street club rooms for members to nominate their availability to play in those pennant practice matches shortly
- Please note that Midweek Pennant and Saturday Pennant Competitions will commence on Tuesday 27 September and Saturday 8 October respectively (subject to confirmation from Bowls Victoria)
- If anyone would like a Name Badge please the Secretary know as I will placing an order in early September, email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to the upcoming season and we look forward to see everyone down at the club for these sessions.